I often wonder how a model's skin survives a fashion week. Show after show, make up on, make up off, over and over again. It seems pretty brutal! I did a little research, and while there are tons of different products they use, these were some of the most common or popular for both models and makeup artists.
Here are some more of their personal tricks and favourite products:
- Daria Werbowy washes her face with lemon juice and Kate Moss washes her face with warm milk.
- Cindy Crawford gets facials and microdermabrasion bi-monthly.
- Not all models use expensive products! Karlie Kloss swears by Ponds Cold Cream, Cara Delevigne uses Nivea Creme nightly and Jessica Stam loves Neutrogena Liquid Facial Cleansing Formula.
- Anja Rubik uses Clinique 7-Day Scrub Cream to exfoliate daily.
- Liu Wen drinks a lot of water, and orange juice for vitamin C.
- Lily Aldridge uses her Clarisonic with Cetaphil to remove her makeup.
- Miranda Kerr takes Tahitian Noni Juice, and uses coconut and rosehip oils to help give her skin a natural glow.
- Many models, including Cara Delevigne and Lily Donaldson, mentioned that they love "Simple" brand face wipes (which are very affordable and now available in Canada).
- Pat McGrath relies on SK-II Brightening Derm Revival Masks on models before applying makeup at shows.
- Charlotte Tibury uses Guerlain Aqua Day Comfort Cream to prep skin.
- Tom Pecheux mixes Rodin Olio Lusso with Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme and Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator to make model's skin glow for shows.
- Oh, and if a model gets a bad pimple before an important show, she might opt to get a cortisone cream, or even injection, from a doctor :s.
Overall Faves, in collage, available through these links: