Friday 1 March 2013

blonde-y

blonde-care


I recently made the switch from ombre to full-on blonde. It is quite the process for me since my hair pulls a LOT of orange tones. My friend started by alternating foils of bleach and a brown that's slightly more golden than my own dark hair (L'Oreal True Brunettes UL61, which is meant for dark hair). 


hair colour




Since my hair was still slightly brassy, the next step was using Clairol Natural Instincts Brass Free Brunettes all over. I just shampoo it all over, like a toner, leaving it on for about 5 minutes max. I find it improves the tone of my hair and seals the cuticle, making it shinier. This one is semi-permanent, so it will fade out and I tend to redo it from time to time. I dont use the entire bottle each time, maybe 1/3, by mixing equal parts colour and developer in a hair colour mixing bowl I bought at the dollar store. 


The next steps are in the care of the blonde hair, which can look extremely dry and wiry. I have been alternating between "Mane & Tail" and AG Sterling Silver shampoos and have found them to be the best. The AG is a purple tone, which helps with the brassiness. For conditioner, I'm loving the Goldwell Kerasilk line! I have both a regular (for colour treated hair) and a deep conditioning treatment. I'm also still a fan of any of the Pantene Pro-V conditioners as well.

Once washed, I towel dry and use a few pumps of Josie Maran Argan oil, which smells so nice! I blow dry my hair with a round brush, always holding the blow-dryer in a downwards angle to smooth the cuticle. To finish, I find that curling my hair helps make it look shinier as well. I use a Hot Tools iron in 1.5", which gives a slight wave but not curly look (since it's such a large barrel).
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...