Lately I've been into bronzey eyes, but in very rich, almost reddish browns instead of the usual taupes. If you have blue or green eyes, this colour will really make your peepers stand out. It's also so pretty for brown eyes, since it's so neutral (which means you can wear it with pretty much any outfit too).
- Start with my fave look, which is super-fresh skin. Exfolliate, moisturize and apply a tinted moisturizer like this one from Josie Maran. Conceal where needed and powder slightly on forhead, under eyes, around the nose and chin only.
- Use a bronzer on all the high points of your face (forehead, nose, cheeks, chin and sides of neck). Try this mosaic bronzer from Physician's formula.
- For eyes, start with a bronze-toned base or paint on the eyelid and blend into your crease until the edges are soft. Try Maybelline Colour Tattoo (or a Paint Pot from MAC).
- Then tap an extra shimmery, bronze across your lid. Try the Shimmer Cubes from The Body Shop (I love the top-right colour) or the Autumn Leaves Quad from Loreal (#3 colour). Add a lighter shimmer tone to the tear duct areas of your eyes and under your eyebrows.
- My favourite eyeliner for this look is Teddy from MAC, applied along the waterline and into the lashline. Blend slightly with a brush or q-tip. For something slightly darker, I would use Coffee from MAC or a similar very dark brown.
- I recently tried the MAC Studiofix Boldblack Lash, and I have to say that I LOVE IT! It lengthens and separates so well, so I highly recommend it (or my other faves, Haute & Naughty from MAC or try Voluminous in Black-Brown).
- For NYE, I would add a few individual or an outer corner lashes for a little drama.
- The great thing about this eye look is that it's also neutral enough to go with any lip colour you want to try. Keep it soft with a nude pinkish-beige, a light shimmery gold tone gloss, or go glam with a red or deep plum lip.