Friday 1 February 2013

real techniques- brush review


I recently heard that the "Real Techniques" brushes, developed by Pixiwoo's MUA Sam Chapman, would be available in Canada. I went to London Drugs and they'd sold out right away! I kept checking back in until about a month and a half later they were finally re-stocked.

A set of 4 brushes with a cute holder (which converts into a brush stand) was only $19.99 CDN.

I went for the "Core Collection" of face brushes. I usually buy cheaper brushes to keep in a set to use on myself at home, day to day. I must admit that I love these brushes!

The face brush is excellent for buffing and blending foundation for a seamless look. The foundation brush is quite soft and flexible, as well as fairly small compared to some, making it easy to blend in and around the eyes/nose/chin areas. I love the smaller powder brush, it works fabulously for contouring, blush or precision powder application to specific areas. There is also a tiny brush in the set, which I believe is meant for target application of concealer on blemishes, but I actually love it for blending out my eyeliner since the bristles are soft and flexible.

Considering these are not natural bristle brushes, the quality is still very good. They are soft yet durable. I could honestly say I'd like a second set of just these brushes for myself since they are such multi-taskers. I wouldn't actually mind a set for my kit as well!

I still have yet to try any of the sets for eyes etc, so I will be sure to let you know if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...