Saturday 26 May 2012

colour-mix

colour mix

The other day, while teaching my makeup class, I was flipping through the Master Kevyn Aucoin's "Making Faces" book. I can honestly say that this book inspired me to become a Makeup Artist. I was rather lost, working an office job while I was deciding what to do with my career. One day I went to the library and took out this book. I loved it so much that I went and bought it, as well as "Face Forward." I would sit in front of my mirror and try to recreate his looks and it dawned on me that I should take a makeup course. The rest is history, so I am very thankful for finding his book that day.

I am currently drawn to this look he did on Kate Moss. I love the myriad of colours he has delicately mixed around her eyes for such a pretty and fresh look.


Here is how I might achieve a look like this:
1. Start with a sheer foundation. I recently tried Nars new tinted moisturizer and it is glorious!!! If you are on a tight budget, maybe go for Covergirl Natureluxe.
2. Apply a golden base all over eyes, such as this golden primer by Urban Decay or MAC Base Light paint around the entire eye (up to brow bone and under eyes as well).
3. Very sparingly apply green shadow to top inner corners, outer corner and lower lash line.
4. Apply a small amount of shimmery teal shadow to bottom, outer lash line and blend.
5. Curl lashes well and apply lots of your favourite mascara.
6. Sweep a pretty pink blush, such as this one by Bobbi Brown, along temples and cheekbones.
7. Apply any brownish-pink lipstick, like this one from MAC, and top with a coat of any matching or clear gloss.

Use this same technique to mix other colours on your eyes as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...