Friday 4 May 2012

RHOV- Reiko

I had to keep it a secret for sooooo long, but I was thrilled when my long-time client Reiko Mackenzie was chosen to be on the show "Real Housewives of Vancouver". During filming, I did her makeup for most events (the show hires their own MUA for the opening of the show, as well as their interviews that come on during the show).

I met Reiko when she was pregnant with her second daughter, Alize. She found my website and called me out to do makeup for her pregnancy photo shoot. Soon after, she called me to do makeup for her baby shower and once baby arrived, for her family photo shoot. Since then I have been doing her makeup on-call, whenever she needs. I love working with her as she is a great person and always willing to try new things, which my fashion makeup side adores.

A little bit about the makeup I do on Reiko: we have tried various foundations on her, such as Armani Luminous Silk, MUF HD, and MAC Matchmaster. She likes her makeup somewhat dramatic, but not over the top. A natural beauty, she is brave enough to go on camera make-up free (I'm not sure I could do that!), so she doesn't need tons of makeup to look great.

We tend to do a lot of shimmering, smokey eyes in purple tones since it brings out the green in her eyes. Lately I am loving using the Naked 2 palette on her for these looks. Some days we go for bronze-y eyes when she wants a softer look. My fave was actually the retro look we did on her for the girls meeting at Coast, light eyes with liquid liner and MAC Morange mixed with Neon Orange on her lips!  (last photo below)

Lips are usually nude colours though. Of all things, I actually have a Rimmel liner that is our fave but it's been discontinued, so I have since purchased a nude liner from Boots No. 7 (at Target) to use on her. Glosses range from milky to slightly shimmery nude pinks and beige's. For bronzer, I usually go for "Bronze" from MAC on her. It's a bit darker than most, and she does usually have a bit of colour from travelling to her home in Mexico during the year. Blushes are various peachy-pink tones, such as MAC Fleur Power or Nars Orgasm.

Here are some screenshots from events that have been on the show so far, where I have done Reiko's makeup. I'll post more as the show unveils :)








**Want to meet Reiko? She is hosting this event for the NOH8 campaign on Tues, May 8th. For all the details, feel free to check out the event page at http://www.facebook.com/events/237820286311292/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...