Wednesday 23 November 2011

Groundwork

Thanks to Lesley Chang from www.twitter.com/BestJobsInVan for sending me her question about good foundations that aren't as pricey as the Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation she's currently using.

I do usually tell my clients that there are certain products that you can buy cheaper without a worry (mascara, eyeliner, many lip products), but foundation is one I'm very weary of. I do have somewhat dry, sensitive skin, so bad foundation can go very wrong on me. Also, foundation does last quite awhile, so I do see decent foundation as an investment.

More important than foundation, is your skin and how you take care of it. Any foundation looks best on moist, hydrated, plump skin. So make sure to exfoliate regularly and moisturize morning and night.

My personal faves are MAC Face and Body and Bobbi Brown Moisturizing for a dewy look, or Make Up Forever HD and MAC Matchmaster for a satin (semi-matte) finish. Chanel and Giorgio Armani make gorgeous foundations, but they cost a little more than I'd like to pay.

However, here some that stand out to me at the drugstore level.

Dewier look (good for normal to dry skin):

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
Feels quite silky, easy to blend,
good range of colour.
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse
Really does give a somewhat "airbrushed"
finish. Looks like a second layer of
skin, decent coverage.
Satin/Semi-Matte Look (good for normal to oily skin):
Revlon Photo Ready
Good coverage, somewhat similar
to Make Up Forever HD

L'Oreal True Match
An 'In-Style' Best Beauty Buy
for years, even a top Vancouver
Make Up Artist I met said she
keeps it in her kit alongside
a very expensive foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...