Friday 9 December 2011

Quench

If you have ever taken one of my makeup classes, you would know that I am quite passionate about water sprays for the face. Like I said in my "Groundwork" post, (http://stylewithinmeans.blogspot.com/2011/11/groundwork.html) foundation looks best on plump, hydrated skin.

Basically, I use a spritz of water all over the face, then moisturizer, sometimes primer... then foundation. I describe it as the difference between putting skin cream on straight out of the bath/shower or later on dry skin. You may notice that your skin feels much softer when you apply your moisturizer on wet skin. Your cream or lotion can "lock" the water in, making your skin look nice and fresh.

I also like using these sprays after I've applied makeup, to "set" it and take away a powdery look on the skin. They are also great part-way through the day to refresh your skin and makeup.

 DIY: get a spray bottle, fill with filtered
or mineral water. You can even add rose-water, a
tsp of Glycerin and/or a couple drops of essential oils
(I like lavender in mine)

MAC Fix + $12
"An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals,
infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green
tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the
fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi."
L'Occitane Rose Face Mist $11
"Rich in natural rose floral water, this truly
refreshing mist quenches the skin's thirst and
maintains optimal moisture levels" *I have this,
it's very rosey! I added a bit of water to it.

Evian Mineral Water Spray $11
Love the way this bottle sprays,
like aerosol hairspray. If that doesn't
matter much to you, just fill the empty
spray bottle with some Evian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...