Friday 2 March 2012

Beachy




My makeup page on Facebook recently switched over to a timeline and I noticed a "note" I'd posted awhile back for a DIY Salt Spray for hair. Funny enough, I just used that spray I'd made on set for a beach shoot earlier this week. It gives the hair a bit of a "crispy" texture so it can hold shape and look more matte, like you just swam in the ocean.

While that one worked really well (especially for silky hair), I found that it was quite drying on my hair (which I bleach the ends of). I came across a new recipe for something a little better for my drier texture of hair and thought I'd share it.

Salt Spray for Hair
1 cup boiled water (let it cool slightly before using)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp alcohol
2 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp hair gel

Mix together and pour into a spray bottle, done! I usually let my hair air-dry, then slightly curl using a fairly large barrel curling iron or wand, run my fingers through and spray some salt spray to hold the look.





If you don't want to make your own, I love Bumble & Bumble, Charlotte Ronson or Kevin Murphy beachy hair products...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...