I've been in the mood for a worn-in, glowing, smokey eye look these days. I just bought the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes liner in Matte black (which one of my students Shirley highly recommended) and wow... am I ever impressed. It's so intense with a really nice matte finish that blends effortlessly!
Here is a quick way to try this look:
1. Apply foundation like one of my all-time faves, MAC Face & Body. Rub into hands and pat on your face. Apply a touch over your lips as well to tone the natural colour down.
2. Apply the MUFE, or any black eyeliner around your eyes. Smudge with a brush. Then wrap any shimmer shadow around the edges, such as a black-gold, bronze, olive, eggplant or burgundy.
3. Clean up any fall-out under your eyes, and apply a concealer. I've been using Clinique Airbrush concealer for this look, since the little brush makes application precise and easy.
4. Apply bronzer, like my fave Mark Pro-Bronze along cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin.
5. Dip your finger in a little Korres Lip butter, pat over foundation on your lips. You can also tap on the higher parts of your cheeks for a bit of natural colour and glow.