Friday 3 February 2012

Classy or Trashy?




Last night my Stylist friend, Coreen Miller, invited me to attend an event at The Room to meet Derek Blasberg, fashion writer, author, current editor at large of Harper’s Bazaar and senior editor of  magazine and Vman. 

I have to admit that I have not read any of his books before, however we did receive a copy of "Very Classy" which is an expanded version of "Classy." I've flipped through it and it's full of great style advice, funny antics/cartoons, and plenty of photos (lord knows I love a picture book, ha ha).

It was all very last minute and we both threw ourselves together to make it in time! I opened my wardrobe and grabbed the first thing that came out at me, which is the sweater dress I'd featured in a couple of posts from Zara. Kind of boring really, but I was in a rush. Hopefully Derek didn't think I looked too "trashy" (that's the premise of his books, are you classy or trashy, ha ha!). 

Coreen and I with the man of the evening

I was totally feeling the electric colours 
on display at The Room:









One of my fave rings I own (from Forever 21) 
and boots from Aldo (about 8 years ago):


So nice to see friends and acquaintances 
at these events...
With Actress Sarah Lind, who I worked
with on the film "A Simple Curve"
With Blogger Peter Ty of The Starving Stylist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...